Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rainbow Beach, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Caboolture, Kilcoy, Kingaroy, Toowoomba

So I left you at Rainbow Beach,



 I hope you enjoyed Rainbow Beach but it's time for us to move on  :D... and we definately had Brisbane in our sights...my Daughter had an operation while we were in Townsville and I was devastated that I couldn't be with her.   I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms again...even if she is an adult hehe.

Well, back to it..Welcome to Brisbane...






After some pics we headed over to the museum...





Isabella is much taller than the smallest living mature human.

Hayley is wondering if she'll be as tall as the tallest living woman?


Hayley thought she'd give flying a try...




The dinosaurs are getting cranky...its been a long day...but it was far from over...
...we wandered down to Southbank..

A dugong statue at southbank lagoon.  The cleanup from the floods is going well, one of the main lagoons is still closed but there were a lot of brave swimmers, we all had jumpers and jeans on, brrr brave people.





...and we were lucky enough to be in Brisbane for Budda's Birthday festival, it was a fun filled time for all...





...the girls were invited to do a percussion workshop and had a wonderful time :)






It was a very long day so we headed back to my Mothers house for some much needed rest.


The next day we took advantage of being so close to the Gold Coast and spent the day at Wet and Wild...




My little beach bum :)


We were having fun in the heated spa until the lifeguards ordered everybody out of the water.  The storm clouds in this picture look tame compared to what we could see....

...and it was a very wet drive home!



Happy 4th Birthday Isabella xoxo

Our little princess had a birthday while we were staying at Mums and it was a wonderful excuse to catch up with family...


We stayed with family in Brisbane for a little while to have a break but it was time to get back out of our new comfort zone.  Our next stop, Caboolture!  We went back to Hayley's school to say hello to her Teachers, Principal and friends, then I headed off to have a much needed catch up with some friends. Then it was off to to Kilcoy....






It was a glorious day..

...dusk was equally as impressive..

I'm glad I found this little froggy before I sat down :s

The next day we stopped off at a park in Blackbutt for some lunch and a play...



Another beautiful clear day!



We found a little vineyard near Kingaroy and although I'm not usually of fan of rose, this was lovely and light.   I'm definitely a new fan :)


A kite flying session at Kingaroy before heading up to Toowoomba..






We picked Andrew's Mum up and headed to picnic point in Toowoomba, a BBQ, a play in the park and another gorgeous day made it a really special visit...

So now we are planning our southern trip and I can't wait...until next time, Caz xo

No comments:

Post a Comment